The Benzaiten Center for Creative Arts is located in the Historic FEC Train Depot just a few steps from the heart of downtown Lake Worth. Located in the Lake Worth Arts District, this 14,500 square foot permanent arts center is dedicated to living and working artists as well as to the community. The Center brings art to life, immersing the public in arts production and its creative processes, while providing direct interaction with artists from around the world.
Benzaiten will support the creation of significant new works of art, collaboration between peers across multiple media and instruction from master to emerging artists. The center will have the following main components:
- The Glassblowing Hot Shop is a full service 5,000 square foot facility with three glory holes, two furnaces, multiple annealers, and a large cold-working room.
- The Flameworking Studio is a 750 square foot air-conditioned room with multiple stations with various torches and multiple kilns.
- The Fusing Studio is a 750 square foot air-conditioned room with large work tables and multiple kilns.
- The Welding Center is in an outdoor well-lit area of the building protected by a large 20’ high overhead roof.
- The Fine Art Metal Foundry is a full service 5,000 square foot facility that can pour 69,000 pounds of bronze per year. [due to open in 2018]
- The ‘Working’ Sculpture Garden will have a covered viewing area where people can come to see monumental sculptures made in real time. [due to open in 2019]
- The Gallery and Gift Shop is an elegant 2,000 square foot air-conditioned space that serves to showcase our rotating ‘Visiting Artists’ exhibitions.
The Benzaiten Center for Creative Arts has a protected viewing area with bench seating for visitors and demonstrations. Visit us to see artisans creating beautiful fine art sculptures or take classes. Come experience the excitement of creative synergy at Benzaiten. You too can become an artisan!